Off Campus Education:
• Do you have a part-time job?
• Did you know that you can receive credits while you earn your
• Grade 10, 11 and 12 students are all eligible for Work Experience
Students can gain valuable experience in a career field, can be paid for this experience and obtain
high school credits towards their diploma. The Work Experience program is of benefit to students who
wish to learn new skills, such as developing a cover letter and résumé and networking within the
business community. You can work after school, or on weekends, in positions with fast food
restaurants, retail or grocery stores, warehouse, daycares or virtually any other paid or volunteer job.
You can earn 3 to 10 credits at each level of Work Experience 15, 25 and 35. Students may register for
Work Experience in 1st or 2nd semester.
Grade 11 students can:
• Spend six weeks in the summer job-shadowing healthcare professionals in hospitals, pharmacies and
• Earn Work Experience credits toward their diploma
• Earn an honourarium
The Health Internship program is designed to give students and opportunity to familiarize themselves with careers in their the health services field and accrue valuable experience to include in their career portfolios (resumes). Students apply during their grade 11 year and are placed in an appropriate placement in their area of interest and geographic location.
Registered Apprentice Program (RAP):
Rap students can:
• Learn valuable skills as an apprentice in one of 51 skilled trades
• While they earn their high school diploma
• And earn a competitive wage
The Rap program is designed to give students an opportunity to complete all or a portion of their first-year apprenticeship while they earn a full high school diploma. Students can apply for entry during their grade 10 or 11 year and will spend a portion of their school year working in the field under the supervision of a journeyman.