High School Completion
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
Minimum requirements for a high school diploma are as follows:
- English 30-1 or 30-2 (15 credits in English)
- Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2 (15 credits in Social Studies)
- Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2 or Mathematics 20-3 (10 credits in Math)
- Biology 20 or Chemistry 20 or Physics 20 or Science 20 or Science 24 (10 credits in Science)
- Physical Education 10 (3 or 5 credits)
- Career and Life Management – CALM 20 (3 credits)
- 10 credits from Career and Technology Studies, Fine Arts, International languages, Physical Education 20/30, Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) or Work Experience.
- 10 credits in any 30-level courses (including locally developed) in addition to the credits in English 30-1 or 30-2 and Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2. Ie. 30 level Math, 30 level Science, 30 level option (Foods, Mechanics, etc.), Work Experience 35, 30 level Language.
- Unspecified Credits (22 – 24 credits)
TOTAL must be a minimum of 100 credits
For students to qualify for participation in the Commencement/Awards Ceremony in May they must:
- be students in good standing
- complete high school diploma requirements
- have all school fees paid
- achieve 100 credits by the completion of summer school of their graduation year.